Available Paintings on Etsy

Monday, January 5, 2009

Painting 2, "Rainey" Australian Cattle Dog Oil Painting

Painting 2,"Rainey," 8"x10"x 3/4",
oil on stretched canvas (sides painted black)
private commission (sold)
photo reference: Shelley Lampman
10% of the proceeds will go directly to
Heeling Hearts Australian Cattle Dog Rescue
This is the 2nd painting completed for my Painting a Pup a Day project and I am really pleased with how it turned out! It was a bit of a challenge as Rainey's coloring is pretty unique, I found myself going back and forth with the black and white paint...a little black here, a little white there. I originally was going to make the background a reddish color as she was laying on a reddish blanket, but then decided to go with a golden background to accentuate her eyes. I loved the little splash of color her heart shaped dog tag added to the overall composition. Rainey is owned by fellow Art 4 Critters member, Shelley Lampman. I thought it fitting to do an Australian Cattle Dog for my 2nd painting as my husband is also an Aussie and we actually just returned from living in Australia last year! Our dog, Jedha, is actually part Stumpy-Tailed Red Heeler which is a Cattle Dog breed.

No comments:

Post a Comment