Available Paintings on Etsy

Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Canine Trio: Bebe, Ozzy, & Taffy

So, yet again do not adjust your screen! What you see are not three completed paintings, but rather the beginning stages of a triptych if you like. Some may find the way I paint a bit crazy, but hey it works for me so I'm sticking with it! I generally start out each painting with a very rough sketch in paint, and then I block in color as you can see here. Then I go in for the details, usually starting with the eyes which I find to be one of the most important parts of any portrait. From there I work on the nose and mouth, and finally the ears and fur. I often feel a bit like a sculptor when I paint, which may sound a bit odd, but that's how I feel with each painting. I think this is why when I start with a blank canvas I cannot wait to cover it completely with blocks of color. Once the white is covered , I begin 'carving out' the image through many brushstrokes and layers of paint. Stay tuned for the finished pieces!

If you would like to be a part of my Painting a Pup a Day project, feel free to send me an email to Loveall4Him@aol.com and I would be happy to send you my current price list and put you on my waiting list. 10% goes to one of the many dog rescue groups I work with. My work is currently in private collections throughout the United States, Canada, the UK, Australia, and New Zealand.

No comments:

Post a Comment