Available Paintings on Etsy

Sunday, February 1, 2009

"Mosby," Golden Retriever Commission (in progress)....and Computer Woes!

("Mosby," Commission in Progress)
So, let me start off by saying that this piece is in the beginning stages, I still have much more detail to add, but the past 2 days have been a bit stressful to say the least.... I had heard from a couple artists friends last week that they were having computer problems and I remember thinking, 'oh I am so glad that is not me'...and wouldn't you know all of a sudden my computer starting having issues this week!? It scared me enough to start going through all my files and saving everything to disks until we could get up to the store to purchase an external hard drive. Thankfully we were able to get one this evening so I will now start saving all my files to it in the event that my computer were to crash. I just cannot believe how much I could have lost...my art files, reference files, family photos, etc. etc. ...many things that you just could not replace. I will now be making it routine to save my files to this hard drive every week or so as I would never want to be in that position. So if you are someone like me, either an artist, or photographer, or someone who just has a lot of important information stored on your computer I would highly recommend getting an external hard drive. You can find one under $100....and believe me it is well worth the money for the piece of mind you will get in return!

No comments:

Post a Comment