Available Paintings on Etsy

Saturday, January 10, 2009

And in the Beginning There Was Luigi, the Westie....

(copyright photo used with permission by: Stephen Ghigliotty)




...and I should be clear that his full name is actually Luigi von Tortellonfish :o) So, can I just tell you I came across this photo sometime ago and just knew I HAD to paint this little guy someday. True not only is he one of THE cutest ever West Highland Terrier dogs you ever did see, but the colors & composition are just an artist's dream! Granted in starting the sketch today I was thinking to myself, who-boy what am I getting myself into, with all the various shapes & unique colors, but heck I thrive on challenges I reckon! I am actually working on a few pieces at the moment, but just had the itching to get started on this one today....as I said it's been beckoning me to paint it for months now! So, Stephen & Luigi today it begins....hopefully I will do you both justice!Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment