Available Paintings on Etsy

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

When in Doubt, Get it Checked Out (Jedha's Visit to the Animal Cancer & Imaging Center)

Today Jedha went to the Animal Cancer & Imaging Center in Canton, Michigan
and I am so glad we took him there! We met with Dr. Joyce Obradovich who is an Oncologist
Specialist and it is so obvious upon speaking with her, just how much she cares for animals.
Jedha was given a thorough exam and to our surprise the lumps we had been worried about
turned out not to be cancer, however, something we thought was just a pimple
turned out to have cancerous cells!

We will now be going back to our veterinarian to see about scheduling the removal of this growth. We are just so thankful that it is small and it looks like we have caught it at just the right time! Please continue to keep Jedha in your prayers and if you are thinking of having a portrait done, it would be a great help to us if you consider booking it in soon as it will help to cover the cost of his upcoming surgery.
Thank you to those who have already booked in portraits
and those who have purchased paintings from me on ebay and etsy!
Every little bit helps and I truly appreciate it, especially at this time!

(Jedha looking out the window at the sparrows at Dr. Obradovich's office)
(Taffy came too, and waited patiently with Dad while Jedha was examined)

(Many cards, photos, and letters of thanks grace the walls at Dr. Obradovich's clinic)


  1. Continuing to pray...I am so glad you caught this in time.
    Blessings, andrea

  2. I will definitely keep Jedha in my prayers. You are so fortunate to have access to such a wonderful doctor! I will pray for a complete and speedy recovery!

    Lou Cinda :)

  3. Ahh, I wish Jedha all the best, and hope all goes well!

  4. Thank you to everyone for your prayers!I am glad we caught this early, although I am still hoping once they remove it they will get all of the cancer cells such that it doesn't have a chance to spread!I will be calling today to get an idea of how much this will cost to have removed...the oncologist said if they were to do it, it would cost nearly $2,000 and we just simply do not have that kind of money. She did feel it should be significantly less at our regular vet, so fingers, toes, & paws crossed that it will not be too much and we will be able to get this growth removed asap! Thank you again for your prayers, Jedha is just the sweetest dog ever and we want many, many more years with our Bug-Bear <3

  5. I'll keep Jedha in my prayers and I hope your regular vet can do the surgery.

  6. hoping Jedha is doing okay -- did you update us how the surgery went? i couldn't find a blog entry about it. we just lost our golden Indiana to cancer - he was only 7 years old. I am a wreck.

  7. We have not yet scheduled his surgery as we needed to find the money first of all and then with the holidays felt it was best to wait...I will be calling probably next week if I don't get a chance today to get it scheduled as my father-in-law has graciously given us the funds needed to have the procedure done! I will definitely update everyone once Jedha is booked in! Thanks so much! :)