Available Paintings on Etsy

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Golden Retriever Portrait Painting "Meg"....Getting There!

This is a piece I've been working on the past week or so, an adorable Golden Retriever Pup named Meg. I've enjoyed doing this piece as it is a bit larger, 12"x12", and a unique challenge as Meg's fur is really light in color, almost appearing white to some degree. I have to watch that I do not make the shadows too dark but still use the shadows to help define her mouth, ears, etc. I should be finished with this piece in the next few days, so stay tuned. If you would like to have your dog's portrait done as part of my Painting a Pup a Day project feel free to send me an email at Loveall4Him@aol.com and I can send you my price list and get your name on my current waiting list.

No comments:

Post a Comment