Available Paintings on Etsy

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Cropped Study: Maternal Admiration(Bouguereau) Oil Painting by Lara Harris

Do not adjust your screen! You are right, this is not a pup but a portrait of a mother and her babe...let me explain. I have been busy the past few weeks with my Painting a Pup a Day project, but I will still be making time to do some other pieces such as this portrait study. Now don't get me wrong, painting dogs is my passion, but I also enjoy painting portrait studies, wildlife, and still life. This is a cropped study of "Maternal Admiration," by one of my favorite artists of all time, William Bouguereau. My customer wanted me to change the colors around and I have to admit that I actually like this version a bit better than the original! I will be getting back to painting pups very soon, but I wanted to share this piece with you so you know I am still in the studio painting away!

No comments:

Post a Comment