Available Paintings on Etsy

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Painting #4, "Luigi" the Westie Oil Painting

Painting 4,"Luigi," 8"x10",
oil on stretched canvas
(sold)

Inquiries to: Loveall4Him@aol.com
photo reference: Stephen Ghigliotty
10% of the proceeds will go directly to
Michigan Westie Dog Rescue
I finally finished my 4th painting for my Painting a Pup a Day project and I am really pleased with how Luigi von Tortellonfish turned out! The background of this painting will probably go down in history as one of my most difficult, but I think the background is what makes this piece so uniquely wonderful! I think for a Westie painting to work you really need to have some interesting colors or objects adding to the overall composition or you end up having too bland of a painting. That is why when I saw this photo over a year ago it jumped out at me. It is by far one of the best Westie shots I have seen to date. Everything is just perfect! There is lots of vibrant color, unique shapes, and even where Luigi is seated is just perfect! Painting this piece was sheer joy from beginning to end!(Luigi's Dad has an interesting blog called Headvoice and a great photostream on Flickr.)

No comments:

Post a Comment